Friday, October 11, 2013

10-7-13

Back in freshman year, i was trying to get a T-Shirt sold because a buddy of mine had just showed me a cool new website that allowed you to create models for T-Shirts, and people online can view and make a purchase of your shirt that you have created. However, the only problem with my idea for the T-Shirt, is that i had used the copy righted symbol of the WSU cougar in it. I had spent hours on the shirt idea and crafting together the layout of the shirt, but upon further submission of the work, my Dad told me that i should contact WSU for further information about using their copy righted material. When i contacted WSU about my shirt, they had told me that i would not be able to proceed with the shirt unless i purchased rights from the school which was some thousand dollar fee to use the product for one article of clothing. I didn't think i was going to make a viral phenomenon with my shirt so i unfortunately had to take down the idea of my shirt, but that was my first introduction with the world of copy right laws. In the readings we have been asked to do they talk a lot about how the copy rights take effect and how they apply to certain things that people own, regardless of the variations.

No comments:

Post a Comment